What do you think of the suggestion that Michelle Obama take over from Oprah Winfrey?

Oprah announced her plans to retire from her show, and devote her time and energies to building her own TV channel and do other things. Several successers have been suggested such as Ellen Degeneris, Sarah Palin and Michelle Obama. What do you think about Michelle Obama being "The Next Oprah"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No No No... definately not.. Bad idea. No one should take over.. they should just end the show and leave it at that. Im not a fan of Oprah, Palin, or Michelle Obama.. I love Ellen, but she's got her own popular show.
    ShyJen

Answer by ShyJen at 5:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• sure! why not? :)
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I dont think its appropriate. It will just give people more reason to criticize her and her family. Being the wife of a president, its not a good idea. Leave it to Ellen. IMO
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 11:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't think she would want to. She has her hands full already. Is she looking for a job?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• throwing upthis is what I think of it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I quit watching Oprah years ago, so I don't really care. As for Michelle Obama taking over for Oprah, well her hubby is a "rock star president" so why not have a "TV star first lady" Maybe it will keep them busy enough to stop messing up our lives.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I dont think you can just replace Oprah. She grew into her role cause people chose to watch her, you cant just drop someone else in and expect people to watch it. Just seems weird to me.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Oh, good Lord! Talk about going from bad to worse!!! It's bad enough we have a communist president, we don't need his wife spewing all their communist crap out over the airwaves any more than they already do!
    I can't wait til oprah is gone! Let's just leave it at that!
    Anonymous

• Watching ShowBiz on CNN is certainly not crowds of people suggesting she do that. Nobody other than a shoddy entertainment show suggested that crap.
    Oprah couldn't get off the airwaves soon enough for me.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• LMAO...this would NEVER work! The left talks about Palin being a polarizing figure.....what do you think Michelle "for the first time I am proud of my country" Obama is? Alot of people cant stand her and only show her respect because she IS the first lady, but I dont think many would take an hour out of their daily lives to watch her show. Besides, have you not noticed she doesnt get out and speak off the cuff as much. They keep her very low key. Its kind of like teleprompter man....give them too much free reign and they say JUST as stupid stuff as GWB.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009