Do you have to get the H1N1 vaccination if you got the actual flu?

My whole family had H1N1 at Halloween time. My husband was tested & confirmed & my son & I obviously had it too, because we got it right after he did with all the same symptoms. Do we need to get the vaccine as a booster? Anyone know? I'm getting paranoid about the vaccine now with all the info I'm reading. .....just so confused. :( Thanks ladies.

NicoleKelly

Asked by NicoleKelly at 11:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• you do not need the h1n1 vaccine, or any flu vaccine for that matter. You got sick from the virus, now you have all natural permanent immunity from it! Those that got the vaccine will always have to get a booster, b/c the vaccine is not permanent. The media has completely blown this flu season out of proportion! The southern hemisphere is finished with their flu season and reported a milder season than last year. Parts of Canada has found that the flu shot makes you more vunerable to H1N1, so they have suspended regular flu shots. Flu shots are an assault on your system! They are loaded with chemicals that your body has to spend time and energy getting rid of. So if you are exposed naturally to other viruses your body may not be able to fight it very well b/c it is taking care of the toxins that were injected into your blood! The best way to avoid the flu is to eat well, sleep well, exercise well and love well!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• 1) stop reading on the internet, especially message boards.
    2) ask your medical professional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I would say no. Your body has built up immunities since you had the flu. The shot just helps build up immunities when the virus has not been present in the body.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I work in a peds office....the anser is yes.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• No one has to get the H1N1 vaccine.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you had h1n1, right?? at halloween, do you need a booster --- no you are immune, you system has defeated it already. do you need any flu shots --- not really .... esp if your system did fine with the h1n1.... i would not get it if i were you... or me... or anyone being that we dont know what long term effects will be...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009