Bad stomach cramps during and after sex?!

I am 21 weeks pregnant and yesterday....for the 1st time in a couple of months me and hubby decided to have sex. It was great at 1st....but then I got a really bad stomach cramp. So we stopped for a minute until it went away....as soon as we started back it came back. We did this about 3 times before we decided we had better stop. It went on for another half hour or so before it stopped completely. Any idea what could have caused this? It was worse that pms cramps. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started hurting when we would have sex at about 5 1/2 to 6 months. My doctor said it was not uncommon. We ended up not having sex from then until after my 6 week PP checkup. I did what I could to give DH some relief but I just had to desire to have sex until after our baby was born just so I wouldn't hurt. He didn't want to either because he didn't want to hurt me so it did work out.

If you're very concerned I'd suggest calling your doctor to set your mind at ease.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing but I noticed that when I was on top, thats when I'd get it worse. A switch in postitions could help the situation. I never knew what it was but I had a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby girl so I'm guessing it's normal. My OB never said anything bad about it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009