Conceiving while on antibiotics? (amoxicillin)

Has anyone conceived while taking Amoxicillin? If so did you have any problems....while pregnant or after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on antibiotics last cycle and we're TTC. It wasn't amoxicillin, it was Cephelexin or something like that...well anyway, it shouldnt affect baby-making, but it DID make me sore down there! I don't know why, but it was weird...needless to say we didn't get pregnant last month from the lack of sex, but I'm sure you'll be fine :)
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine uses NFP to get or not get pregnant. Her son was an "oops" because she'd been taking amoxicillin and forgot that it (and all antibiotics) screw up your cycle. She thought they were having unprotected sex on a "safe" day but because of the drugs, well, . . . . . her son is four now. :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Amoxicillin also increases your fertile quality cervical mucus if you happen to be taking while your ovulating. So there's a point for the positive side!!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 9:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2009