Conceiving on Antibiotics (Amoxicillin)?

Has anyone conceived while taking Amoxicillin? If so did you have any problems....while pregnant or after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We actually conceived while I was on an antibiotic for my "after procedure" from kidney stones AND I was on birth control, my mistake. But now I'm 36 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and a blessing :) I did have a lot of problems with this pregnancy, but none of them has to do with taking the antibiotic.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My uncle's youngest was concived when his wife took Amoxiclilin while on birth control. She was actually the healthiest baby of the three when she was born.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 12:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Thanks ladies....Ive been researching...and everywhere says its safe while pregnant but nothing says about conceiving and on it, just wanted to make sure that was safe too...My OB said it was fine, but i just wanted real life stories to ease my mind, in case i did concieve while on it, i won't know for a few weeks.
    Anonymous

• Many women end up conceiving while on antibiotics. More often, they're unplanned pregnancy because they were on birth control and antibiotics tend to make BC ineffective. Many women don't realize that and don't do anything to protect themselves and that's how they wind up pregnant. There's no issues that would arise from being on antibiotics at time of conception.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 12:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I am actually 9 weeks pregnant with twins... thanks to the ER doc's failure to inform me that antibiotics make the pill ineffective. LoL. So far, everything is going great with my pregnancy. I'm pretty sure it is safe.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2009