Did you wait till delivery day to find out the sex of your child?

and how did you feel? I couldn't wait. I just had to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I found out with all 3, I like to be prepared.. It didn't ruin any surprise, I was so Happy the minute I saw each of them, it was a wonderful surprise finally getting to hold them in my arms.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I waited with my first 2 kids. I was pretty sure of what I was having from dreams that I had had. And I was correct both times. We found out with my 3rd because the kids were older and DS wanted a brother and DD wanted a sister and someone was going to be disappointed; finding out would give them time to prepare. I was pretty sure by 15 weeks that it was a boy (the way the pregnancy was in comparison to the others) and sure enough a boy it was.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I wanted to know well before they were born. There was no way I could wait and it didn't ruin anything for me. It made me more excited because I knew whether to buy boy or girl things. The first time I couldn't do much but this time I went out and bought all the things I couldn't before.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I had an amnio. We did not want to know the gender ahead of time, but the doctor told my midwife (my sister) and it made us crazy that she knew and we didn't, so we got a copy of the amnio (all Xs, no Ys).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I didn't find out with my first. I knew it was going to be a boy, however. We didn't even have a girl's name picked out when we were at the hospital. with our current preg we found out at the 20 week ultrasound. I was so sure it was a girl, I simply could not go 5 more months thinking it was a girl and then have it be a boy. The technition said we can expect to have our baby girl in March.

If we do have more kids, I don't think i would find out the sex before hand again. It is fun not knowing- and the questions about names for the baby are a lot less if people don't know that you have only one gender to choose from.

Also, everyone says that they "knew" you were going to have whatever gender you say you are pregnant with. It is annoying to me- with my son everyone thought it was going to be a girl except for me- I was happy to shut them all up about "how I was carrying, etc." With this one I hear no end to it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I couldn't wait on any of mine! Lol, too impatient and I wanted to start buying stuff for my babies! =) I was delighted to find out early because I felt more prepared when they arrived.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yep, both times!  It's like opening presents on Christmas day, it's no fun if you already know what is in the package.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I had no choice. Every time i went in for an ultra sound, no one could see her privats. I knew i was having a girl though. I even bought all girl stuff against my mother in laws wishes. Funny, when she was born, DH saw the umbilical chord & thought it was a penis...he yelled "it's a boy!" And i said "not its not" But, he was wrong....it did end up being a girl. Mom knows best :)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• we found out with both so far, we have a son and are now having a daughter. We plan to have the next one be a surprise since we have one of each and will have everything we need.

Having a new baby is still plenty of fun even if you already know what's in the package! ;-)
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I found out right away too, as to be prepared and not having to take back the pink items and girly things from the shower.

Better to know ahead of time instead of rushing about getting things after.

Anonymous