How long before my wedding should I start going to the tanning bed?

My wedding is June 12, 2010. And im probaly the most palest person on the planet, lol.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go for about 3 months so you can go a few times/wk. start as low as 5 mins each time and build up from there. The most I ever went was 12 mins. also some of the gradual glow kind of lotions are very nice.

Answer by ria7 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Pale is pretty! The tanning bed is so bad for your skin!

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Try spray tan. It is safer and doesn't burn you. I did it 2 days before my wedding and it wirked out great. I am usually so pale that I glow in the dark!! LOL!!

Answer by LUVWJ at 12:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Will the spray tan rub off on my dress at all?

• Yes, spray tan probably will stain your dress. As far as tanning beds, if you start going in April, once a week, for just 5 - 10 minutes at a time, you ought to have a nice, even tan by June, without exposing yourself to too much UV or the possibility of getting burnt.

Answer by Iskkra at 12:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• no later than one month before. Two months would be good, but not so good for your skin. I get a very decent tan in one month using tan beds. I'm tanning before my wedding big day is in May 15 :)

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Why, are you not of legal age to get married, and trying to look harsh and old?

• Don't do it! I absolutely hate that tan/orange look women have on their wedding day. What is so wrong with lookihg like yourself on your wedding day? I think there's nothing worse than a bride who looks totally different on her wedding day and I doubt your fiance would like it either. My sister's friend got tanned into unrecognition on her wedding day. Everyone commented on how 'orangey' she looked.

• My husband works in the healthcare industry and he says tanning beds are really, really bad for you. They can cause cancer. (In fact, his nickname for "Darque Tan" is "Darque Cancer")

You don't have to be tan to be a pretty bride. Believe me. I didn't get a tan before my wedding and I was told that I looked beautiful by more than one person (someone even got all teary looking at me!)

Just go with your natural beauty. :-) I'm sure you'll be lovely without going to a tanning bed. By the way, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Best wishes!

Answer by MamaBee07 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with being pale.

Answer by Pnukey at 2:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009