Birth mark or something else?

My baby boy is 8 wks old an i notice the other day that he has a very dark brown spot in his belly button! he goes to the doc next monday! im thinkin it is his birth mark but it was not there when he was born it was something the just appeared!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't forget to ask the dr.
    Anonymous

• Is it possibly dried on blood? I know when my son's umbillical cord fell of i would fine dried on blood and gunk awhile later, took awhile to get it completely cleaned!
    Anonymous

• its probally nouthing, bbut ask anyways.
    when i brought my son home i swear i didnt notice it but in the up coming weeks i noticed what looked like a bruise on his hip! i thought it was from the diaper..talked to the dr..turns out its a birth mark! and here he is one year later with this birthmark on his hip! and if i dont tell the sister or the daycare when they do go they think its a bruise!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Its not dryed blood an his cord fell off when he was a week old
    Anonymous

• My daughter has a spot on her face called Cafe au Lau, basically coffee with cream. It showed up when she was about three months old, got progressively darker. She is five now, I took her to doc, normal, nothing to worry unless they come in clusters. I would have it checked out for sure, but prob nothing.
    I love hers, it gives her character although we will prob have it removed in the next couple years, it is getting fuzzy.
    Kirstennell

Answer by Kirstennell at 12:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009