Custody advice. Need help ASAP (long)

My husband is in the midst of a trial over my SS and is wondering how in the hell his ex could possibly fail a urine test, yet pass a hair follicle test. Plus, now that she has, she suddenly gets to see my SS over the holidays, even though the judge forbade it earlier this month.

So, basically, is it possible to reverse a court order without an actual order from the judge?

MrsLavender

Asked by MrsLavender at 12:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• As far as I know, the only way to reverse the order is to get the judge or another judge to do so. I think, and I am not sure about this so don't use me as the source (check with a lawyer), that if she is somehow intoxicated or impaired when she comes to get him or you go to drop him off, that you could refuse to hand him over out of concern for his safety.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• So she failed a urine test, but not a hair follicle test? This probably means she is not a habitual user or that the amount of hair the took was a portion of when she was clean and sober, or she had used some kind of medication removal before the test. The only way to reverse a court order is to get another judge to do it, if the visit is unsupervised you have a great chance of finding a judge to make this happen, talk to your lawyer and see, good luck and God bless you~!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ASK A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• For the record, his lawyer is an idiot, and won't answer any questions.
    MrsLavender

Answer by MrsLavender at 12:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Oh, is this another bash of the biological mom and try to demonize her question? I can't form an opinion until I hear her side too.
    Anonymous