Contractions at 35 1/2 weeks.

Ok so I started having contractions yesterday morning. At first, I thought it was diarreah (sp??) cramps but I couldn't go to the bathroom and they were consistent. We started timing them and they were exactly 9 min apart. We went to the hospital and they monitored me for an hour. I wasn't dialated any so they sent me home. I continued to have them throughout the night and they began to worsen and move into my back. I called my dr. this morning and went in to see him. He monitored me again and my contractions are 6 minutes apart. They gave me medicine to help with the contractions because I'm still not dialated. He said that he would like to see me make it one more week before we deliver. This is my second pregnancy and I'm scheduled for c-section on 12/15 but we don't think we'll make that. My question is has anyone had this and what was your outcome???

BethanyB930

Asked by BethanyB930 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my second, I was about 27 weeks, they stopped it in the hospital, then at 37 weeks my water broke. With my 3rd, my water broke at 30 weeks. They said that I was having contractions, I didn't feel them, they settled everything down, then two weeks later I started having contractions again. They tried in vain to stop them, We made the dr go ahead with the c-section (I've had all c-sections) I had already been having contractions for about 2 hours (less than a minute apart and worse thing I've ever had). Labor with my first wasn't that bad. He came in and said he just wanted to wait and see!!! They couldn't give me ANYTHING. They had my heart rate too high and wouldn't give pain meds incase they did the c-section. I think he was nuts. What if one of those contractions would have opened up my old scar???
    Anonymous

• You are more than likely going to be fine, but I think he should have put you in the hospital to monitor your contractions, I would take myself to the hospital and asked to be seen, I went into preterm labor, much earlier than you are now, and my doc sent me home, I wish I would have went to ER instead, but as I said I was much earlier than you! Don't be shy just march yourself in and demand to be seen!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• keep your stress levels at a minimum. keep physical activity at a minimum. be sure that you are drinking a gallon of water a day...dehydration can cause contractions. be sure to eat properly and enough. lite nutrition can lead to premature labor. The longer your baby stays inside, the better. At this point, if your babe came now, i think the hospital could take care if need be. I had one born at 32 weeks. he stayed in the nicu for 26 days. He came early b/c of emotional stress. My twins were born at 36 1/2 weeks. I was taking some tinctures (i don't recall what they were) to minimize contractions. you could see a naturopath(sp?). Also, Calcium and Magnesium supplements can help too. Take it easy!!!!
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing happen around 35/36 weeks. I went in three times with contractions about 5 minutes apart, got monitored for a few hours, got sent home, came back, did it all over again. Mine were doing stuff, just very slowly. My doctor induced at 38 weeks due to the contractions and low fluid levels. If they keep up, just go back in, and keep going in.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009