i had to have a c-section because my skin was too stretched out after 3 kids so he turned(more)...

so that was my 4th child, would the same situation more likey have to happen with a 5th?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say odds are good you will have another one. Another child just means more stretching so if you were already stretched badly before...odds are things havent gotten any better.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'm sorry I can't really tell what the question is. Could you maybe leave a comment stating it a little clearer for me? Thanks! =)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• that is the most BS reason i have ever heard of a doctor giving a patient for a mandatory c-section. sorry. but the USA is c-section happy. The going rate is over 30% of women having c-sections. WHO suggests that the rate NEVER get any higher then 15% and many many studies show that in most countries where they actually have adequate maternity care the c-section rate is usually lower then 10%.

...Try talking to your local midwife and ask her what she thinks and recommends.
    Anonymous

• C-Sections aren't all that bad and I hate it when people try to knock people down for getting one. I am having my third and I am darn proud to be delivering via c-section because you know what? I don't recall being asked by ONE SINGLE PERSON if my daughter was delivered via vaginal canal or c-section in the past four years and she is only four! She is just as healthy and happy as any vaginally delivered baby and my first one was an emergency. I chose to repeat afterwards and would never even think about having a baby another way. Call me lazy if you will but I'm hapy with my decision.

*Sorry fo rmy rant.*
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ok sry. so ive had my 3 kids i gave birth to by pushing but my 4th child i had a c-section because when i had my 3 kids, my skin around my belly had stretched out so much, so by the 4th, he turned around in the middle somewhere during my pregnany w him. thats why i needed a c-section, so i was wondering if i had a 5th child, would i most likey need another c-section?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Did the baby turn ?? That has nothing to do with your skin being stretched, babys turn around in there all the time, most turn to head down position shortly before delivery, some have even turned during labor. So if the baby was breach then yes most Dr.s would do a c-section.
    If this is what you are talking about, that does not mean that this baby will turn breach. However, alot of Dr.'s will not do a vaginal birth after c-section or VBAC, this is something you need to check with your OB.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i was not knocking her having a c-section. I was informing her that her doctor gave her a BS reason for needing a c-section.
    Anonymous

• Idk about your hospital, but the hospital I deliver at will NOT do vbac. After you have had a section there that is the only way they will deliver you. It might be different at your hospital though. IDK but personally I could never imagine something almost nine pounds ripping my vagina apart. lol. I would muc rather deal with a cut to my belly then a cut and stiches in places I cant even see...
    Anonymous

• I'd have to agree that is a BS reason to do a c-section. If your baby was breech it's not because your skin was too stretched out! If that's the case you must have the saggiest stomach in the history of the world. Seriously. I've had 6 kids & my stomach never did that.
    And for anyone that talks about how great it is to have a c-section that never had a vaginal birth well, honey, I bet you didnt get up out of your bed & take a shower 15 min after you gave birth now did you?
    Anonymous