How many people think the momma who gave her autistic son weed is crazy?!

I think shes smoked a little too much in her day! haha ... i saw her on good morning america today ... she just needs an excuse to have the weed ... and a getaway from her son , figure if hes high he cant be as bad as she claims he is ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm pro-weed, but not when it comes to kids... Shame on her.
    Anonymous

• Ditto anon.
    Anonymous

• Its just like hocking him up on Nightquil or something else to make him sleepy/'dead' all the time. How dare she abuse her son like that.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• OP HERE: Im pro weed too anon! LOL ... but giving it to ur kid so YOU can have a break?! WTH?! its called 'do it at bed time' or something!
    Anonymous

• That is sick!!! Why doesn't she also give him a stiff drink? Its the same as weed.@@ I bet she smoked weed when she was pregnant and that's why her kid's brain is so messed up. I would bet that pot and alcohol are equally responsible for autism and for many other developmental disorders!!!! But nobody wants to admit it because then they would have to take responsibilty for it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Lindalu2 -- i agree w/ this "I would bet that pot and alcohol are equally responsible for autism and for many other developmental disorders!!!! But nobody wants to admit it because then they would have to take responsibilty for it." !!!
    Anonymous

• Evidence LIndalu2? We know the effects of alcohol used during pregnancy. Take a look at Melanie Dreher's research into the effects of marijuana use during pregnancy. It's going to surprise you, I'm sure. You should probably do a bit of reading before making such a statement. Especially when you are so obviously misinformed.
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 1:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i think you would have to walk a mile in her shoes, and imagine your child was unreachable, that nothing else worked, i would try anything to help my child, i dont think i would think of doing that myself but maybe she is more creative than me. i think any mom would go to the ends of the earth to help their kids... if it helps them, i am not perfect and have no right to judge anyone... that does apply to all the other responces too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I didn't hear her say anything about it giving her a break. From what I heard of it (I was getting my kids ready) she gives it to him because he will not eat. Her son was not eating and was wasting away. She gave him a pot brownie and he started eating more after that. She said before the brownies her son would only eat peanut butter and jelly (my autistic is the same way). She said it has also helped him to start talking. She said before he had never really talked but after the brownies he has started making talking like noises.
    I am curious what made her think to give the brownies to her son. I wish I had heard more, but I do know that I never heard her say anything about it giving her a break.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Oh and btw I can HONESTLY say that I have never done any kind of drugs and have averaged 1 alcohol drink every couple of years (just don't like the taste). To say that autism is caused by drugs and alcohol using Moms is the stupidest thing I have heard yet. I can handle people saying they think it in vaccines, shoot even somebody the other day said its caused by msg in food but I just can't take somebody saying it's caused by people who do drugs and drink but just don't want to admit it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2009