This is embarassing to ask but....

My baby is 9 months old... and I delivered naturally... my area down there feels different to me still... almost like the stuff that is supposed to be inside are hanging out... is that normal. Please dont be rude, I just want some opinions... I am too embarassed to go to the doc, and I have no insurance... My doc said at my 6 week check up that everything looked great... so i dunno!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you may feel loser since this is your first baby, do come kegal excersies to try and tighten everything up. but dont worry once you give birth i dunno if you vagina ever goes back to "normal"
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Thank you for answering so quickly and not being rude:) I dont really like to ask questions on here anymore, cuz people always are rude.
    Anonymous

• Normal I believe, it will tighten up.

I don't think it ever feels the same though,
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I had muscle spasms after mine and it hurt so much to have sex and pelvic exams becuase of it. Doc recommended a physical therapist for it and it helped greatly. The best thing is kegals. Through out my therapy I had an increase in the amount and how often (let 10 seconds between each one so your body can fully relax). Just start slow and build up. You should feel some improvement. If not, see your doctor. It's not unheard of for things to stretch and move and even for surgery after to "fix" what baby broke -- but it is by no means common. my guess is you are just stretched out a bit and have some weakened muscles. Give it time. if nothing changes, see a doc.
    Anonymous

• Have you checked with a mirror? You can see what it looks like.
    Is it from the anus (hemorrhoids) or the vagina?
    You might try kegel exercises to help.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• See, for me my vaginal area feels the same, but I find it harder to have a bowel movement... Sex still feels great (not that I have the energy with an almost 2 year old), and I've never been fond of a pelvic exam. ;) here's another thing, are you breastfeeding? things did feel different, but never "bad" when I was... (am I right doulala?)

I would find a doctor that you are comfortable with. Do you have a local health department? Or family planing center? They have midwives, and you may be more comfortable with talking to another "girl" about girl stuff... I promise, they pass no judgement, and you're probably not the only one that's asked this kind of stuff!
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 10:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009