is 40 a normal age for a man to lose his sex drive?

He's almost never horny. I've tried talking to him about it, and for like 2 days he'll try & step up. But it just dwindles after that. Expressing my desire for more sex didn't really work that well. I no longer want to risk my emotions by initiating. It's just embarrassing after a while.

Anyway, he just turned 40. Is it his age? I'm 27 & my sex drive is through the roof & climbing. What the heck should i do? Being horny all the time is making me mad...lol.

did anyone elses SO begin to lose their sex drive at around 40?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 1:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• my best friend married an older man. now he's an old man. you two are club members.
    Anonymous

• Men peak at age 19 so yeah it's not unusual for them to lose drive by 40. We peak at 40 which is why we should find younger men not older if we want wild hot monkey sex

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• what do you mean by club members? Is that supposed to be a rude comment?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ask your dad, he's his age so he'd no
    Anonymous

• guys my age & younger do not make for good family men all that much. And the ones who do, are taken or gay. Monkey sex can be good, but i want a lasting relationship. I happened to have found that...he just is less interested in sex these days.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• actually bitch anon 1:13...my dad is 70...so go screw.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My DH is 45. And his sex drive is the same as it was when we met( wanting it all the time). He was 24 when we met. You just need to talk to him. See what is his problem. I hope he is not having an afair.

Answer by louise2 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I doubt he is having an afair, although most women say that dont they :)

He would have to do it in the couple of minutes he gets home before i do. Maybe the neighbor? He works with all men, the only woman at his job is the 80 year old secretary. Hope he is not scrwing her...lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I am just trying to give you my opinion and you are being mean.

Answer by louise2 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'm not being mean at all, not sure how you got that interpretation. Very sorry.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009