your favorite saying/advice from your mom?

what is one thing your mom use to always say you will always remember..either in the sense you still use it with your kids, you wish you would have listen, or just something that made you the lady you are today ? or even one you thought you would never say!

mine is...learn to love someone despite their faults then you know you have really loved.

i ain't one of your little school friends dont forget who you talking to..i say this to my son til this day.

texasdelta

Asked by texasdelta at 1:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Money don't grow on trees.

Stop being Fresh, my dad said that all the time.

My dad raised 4 kids and took care of my mom. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Always Leave Room For Falling Out..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• When my kids act up and I get nervous, my mom always is there to tell me...

"well your the one that wanted them!"

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'm gonna' snatch you bald-headed.

My mom was not the in charge kind of mom, we ran all over her. To hear her spout a threat like this just made us laugh.

*********
    It will look better on.

She would say this when she bought us ugly clothes. We would respond "yeah, on fire"

**************
    Go ahead and keep doing that. God will knock the sense into you.

After having 4 kids she knew that it was a waste of breath to tell us to stop something, such as climbing a tree, or wrestling eachother. Those were things we had to learn on our own would cause pain, because of course, parents never knew what they were talking about and kids of course are invinvible. So she would just remind us, we will get hurt....that was Gods way of teaching us our lesson.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My favorite saying my mom has is "just because you can doesn't mean you should". She always said that when we got into trouble. I even say it to my kids sometimes lol.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Momqueenie, those are Hilarious the first one is my fav..

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My mom would always say "It doesn't matter who started it, it takes two to fight, but it only takes one to end it". I tell this to people to this day. My children are only one year and three weeks, so I have a while before they'll hear it. My mom used to say that all the time to us four girls. It's true though. I will always remember that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If you can't say something nice then don't say anything. Use your head for something other than a hat rack. It took me a long time to figure that out.
    Anonymous