Cysts

I dont know if it is cervical or not. I was getting a pap last week and the doctor asked me if I knew that I had a vaginal cyst. she didnt say cervical. So I dont know. What is it, what causes it, how do you get rid of it, does it cause problems for sex? I had one diagnosed with a pap I had last week, because I am 5 months preggies. Any helpful info would be appreciated. Im clueless, just as I was to even having one. I had a pap in January, February, and last week, and last week is the only time I heard of it, was informed of it, so I guess it must be a new one then? Thanks mommas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No good answers for this
    tsjpop

Answer by tsjpop at 10:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I have never heard of a cervical, or vaginal cyst, so I cant really help you. I have had ovarian cysts for a long time though. The doc can feel mine (when I am not pregnant) by inserting a finger in my vagina and pushing against my ovaries while also pushing on them from the outside (They can also be seen on an u/s) but I would assume that it would be impossible to feel that way when you are pregnant.

Cysts generally cause no problems and can either stay the same size, increase in size, decrease in size or actually burst. A cyst bursting is VERY VERY painful (well at least the ones in the ovaries) but tend to not cause any problems. There are medications (ie keflex) that can treat a cyst. I am surprised your doc didnt give you more info
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009