My 16yr old is pregnant?

My 16 yr old daughter just told me she is pregnant. I really don't know how far along she is. Is it wrong for me to want her to have an abortion, Or should I let her make that decision on her own? I did let her know how big of a responsibility having a child is. What do you think cafemoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• The choice of what happens with this pregnancy is ultimately hers. You can support her and give her advice and your opinions, but since it is her body, she has the right to decide what happens to it. Go slowly, help her to become informed on all her choices and the consequences of each, and be there for her. She is more likely to be okay with whatever decision she makes if she has your unconditional support. If she chooses to abort, that is what you support her in. If she chooses adoption, you help her fill out the paperwork. If she chooses to keep the baby, you do everything she needs you to do with her- go to classes, help her pick clothes, names, etc, be with her in labor, anything you think she will need your help with or that she asks you about. Support is the key to her being happy with her choice, and you are the only one who can give her that support.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't think she should have a abortion, what about adaption???

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i think a lot of times moms try to tell them about the BIG responsability and a lot of teens end up having the child and they dont take care of the child. you know your daughter best is she responsible enough and mature enough to make a reasonable decision? i dont think is wrong for you to want her to abort.
    Anonymous

• An abortion is a terrible sin. Do not punish an innocent life. You will never forgive yourself! find out just what an abortion is at abort73.com
    yes pain can be felt even very early a study says!
    Adoption is the answer.
    Jere. 1:5 God already knows and loves this child by name.
    gaurdianangels

Answer by gaurdianangels at 1:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Telling her, her options is not a problem to me. Abortion, Adoption, or keeping it. But if she decides to keep it. You should make it perfectly clear. Her life as she knows it now, is over, gone, threw. Babies are a 24/7 responsibility.

Answer by louise2 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Let her know her options, she can go to a planned parenthood clinic so she can learn all she needs to before she makes this decision.

Try not to pressure her to do what you want because if its not what she wants she will resent you for as long as it effects her and Im sure abortions effect women for a long time, maybe even a life time. Just help her get educated.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't tell her what to do but maybe tell her her options? don't forget to mention adoption. My biological mother had me at 16 and she put me up for adoption and for her, it was the right decision. Her mother was supportive of her decision and now, I have a friendship with both of them. And no matter how much you tell her thats it's a big responsibility, she wont totaly "get it" till the baby is here and that she has sleepless nights and she has to stay home on Friday nights while her friends are out partying.... maybe try to rent one of those dolls that act exactly like a baby to maybe give her the feel of it?
    Anonymous

• I think abortion is a personal choice, I would never suggest one, it is not my place. I would let her knkow just what having a child intails. Ask her how she will raise/support it.
    Anonymous

• It most defanitly is her choice even though she is a minor. Because whatever choice is made is one that you both will live with forever.
    I was 16 when I got pregnant, I aslo ended up married at 16. That was almost 12 years ago and we are still happy today. So you never know how things will turn out
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• well like bizima4 said its her choice her body you should get the father and your daughter together and talk about this WITH A OPEN MIND! see what they want if you remember being pregnant is a emotional roller coaster and you don't want her to do ant thing rash! if it helps.. i got pregnant at 19 i had her at 20 i married the father who i love completely some times it really dose work out! when i found out i was pergo.. i would not accept it i took 5 prego tes and cried for weekst .. so if she dose keep baby dont guilt trip , if you know some one with a baby or small child let her baby sit for a couple of nights after school she could go right to their house! also tell her breastfeeding dosent mess your boobs pregnancy dose! hope i help't
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 2:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009