How do you make Home Made butter at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Easy..girl scouts 101. Buy a half a pint of heavy whipping cream. Make sure the cream and a clean glass jar with a tight lid are chilled. Pour the cream in the jar. Tighten the lid and shake , shake ,shake. We usually passit around the room. The kids get a big kick out of it. 10-15 minutes is all it takes. The solids will begin forming. The milky substance left over is the whey. We pour that off and shake a bit longer. Drain any why off and put in a bowl on your table. Once you refrigerate it it will become hard and need to set out to soften.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i have done what grneyedgrandma said but left the heavy whipping cream in the original store bought container... why dirty a jar, what if u dont have a good jar... you can just use the container. also know, the home made butter does not keep its shape and thickness long, make it right before you plan on using it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Sounds yummy and so fresh... I'll have to try it sometime.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I've done what the ladies above said, but with my 5th grade students. I used some small tupperware, gave each kid some cream and they SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK! It was pretty good, but I would have liked to add some salt.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Why the jar..because kids can't see through a container..seeing the change is half the fun. If you are doing it just for adults..forego the jar....however, I still see adults who were never on a farm or heard parents or grandparents tell stories that are a little amazed themselves.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you can also do it alot quicker in a blender
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 4:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009