If I am losing my plug does that mean I am dialating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually yes, unless you had a vaginal exam or intercourse that may have loosened it.
    Any of that recently?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Sometimes but not always. I've lost mine 3 times and just went in for my 32 week checkup, I had him check me because I was worried I was dilating already (since I've lost the plug 3 times so far and contracting a lot) but my cervix was closed. You can lose it early on in pregnancy and it will regenerate itself.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• No sex and v exam I have been on bed rest for five weeks and I am now at 36 weeks!!
    Anonymous

• What is the bed rest for?
    Sounds like you might be at-risk for preterm labor?
    Moms can lose their plug for days-weeks-months prior to labor. That alone is not a certain indication of labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Losing your mucous plug does not mean you're dialating nor going into labor...
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 2:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• nope,. withmy first i started to dialated at 24 wks with my second at 30 wks. i didnt lose my plug with my ifrts till 36 wks and it cna replenish itself she was born at 38 and ds was born at 37. everyone is different
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• usually it means that there is some type of change with the cervix... but you can loose your plug weeks before you actually go into labor.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009