Best type of contraceptive?

I have been pregnant practically, for the last three years and I am ready to NOT be. I got pregnant on the birth control Pill this last time and am looking for alternatives. I have decided that getting a tubal ligation is too permanent. I have considered the Mirena IUD and the depo shot but I am afraid of the mood swings and the weight gain. Anyone have any suggestions regarding any type of birth control for a situation like this?

lucysmomrocks

Asked by lucysmomrocks at 10:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My Menera IUD KICKS ASS!!! No Infections No pain and No more peroid's... it's good for 5 years and still leaves me the option to remove it and go for another baby if we want.
    So ALL I HAVE LEFT TO SAY Is Im really happy with my IUD.
    MommaT.

Answer by MommaT. at 3:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Vasectomy, lol. Best birth control out there!!! I too was pregnant like 3 years in a row.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I use the nuvia ring...and I love it. Just place it and forget about it until it is time for your period. It has a 99% effective rate. I call myself birth control dyslexic because I either forget to take the pill or cannot figure it out. If I can do this ...anyone can. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I too have used the NuvaRing and I loved it!
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Well since I got pregnant while on birth control three diferent times. For me there was no other option then to get my tubed tied. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I no longer have to be afraid if I am late a couple of days. I dont even care when I last had my period. It comes when it comes. I dont have to worry about pills or shots or condoms breaking! We can go "at it" anytime of the day or night. Its wonderful. That is if you are positive you are done with the baby making.
    jennsistrunk

Answer by jennsistrunk at 11:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• We used condoms for 2years and nothing. As soon as the thing was taking away, 1st baby was born April 8th. I hate the pills..made me crazy and hormonal. And I've heard horror stories of Mirena. I had two friends get prego off it.

Good luck! :)
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 11:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• 3 kids is PLEANT in todays world! Unless your hubby or you is a millionair! Get your tubes tied!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• OK, this is all I'm going to say... The IUD worked HORRIBLY on me. I had an infection in my uterus so bad my OB/GYN was utterly shocked when I got pregnant.
    goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 12:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Oh and Ive lost all but 5 pounds of my baby weight while on the menera IUD and no mood swings beyond what i normally had be for baby...Also BTW i did do the Depo shot for about two years
    That is until i realized that every time i got it i wanted to kill someone and all my co workers knew that i just got my shot because i was such a raging bitch!
    MommaT.

Answer by MommaT. at 3:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I also tried Depo and gained a tom of weight and hated how it made me feel. I know the Nuva Ring is supposed to be great but I have never tried it. You can go to planned parenthood's website and they give you a run down of all the various kinds of birth control and the pros and cons of them all. I had a tubal but only because the doctor told me if I were to have another baby the baby and I might not live though another childbirth.
    Lilithrocks

Answer by Lilithrocks at 9:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2008