my 16 month old is being TAUGHT to hit..!

Some of my hubbys family is teaching my son to hit. They are meaning it as a joke or game and laughing when he follows through with the hitting. But I don't allow him to hit. No matter how many times I correct them, they continue to do it. I'm ready to just stop allowing him to go around them but I know my hubby would have to deal with that rath (which he wouldnt care bc hes very laid back). I like close nit families but I'm begining to think that this will not be one. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sorry but if someone were teaching my kids something that i didn'tallow--I would tell them when they start, no, he is not to hit--and if they continued, then yes, he would't go around them anymore.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 3:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I agree with you.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Good time to start teaching him that there is a time and place for things. He's old enough to understand play hitting and real hitting, so why not use this as an opportunity?
    Anonymous

• I know exactly what you are talking about. It's really hard to get your point across when you have no backup and it's your SO's family. I would be very firm and tell them no EVERYTIME. Hopefully they will get tired of hearing you talk about it that it will stop. Explain to them that it will not be long before he is hitting for real and that will not not be laughing then. Good luck!
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 12:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2009