Will you be sending out Christmas cards this year?

Who do you send them to? Do you have a special picture taken just for the card? Or do you make them by hand? I am just curious...

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 2:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• yes, we'll be sending out cards this yr --we send to extended family & friends (some are ones we only keep in touch w/ through annual Xmas card exchanges). We did start putting a photo in the cards or as the card-front & a Xmas letter, which we never use to do. We buy the cards & the Xmas paper for the letters. I love doing Xmas cards & receving them, esp when they have photos or letters that help me better catch up w/ family & friends.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ALWAYS! I send out at least 75 cards every Christmas, it's my favorite part of the holiday. I buy cards, write a form letter, add a nice personal note in each one and stick a family picture inside. I force myself to wait until after Thanksgiving to start, otherwise I get them all done too early. lol
    Anonymous

• I send them out to family and friends, even my CM friends! We just love sending and getting Christmas cards and we display them around interior archways.

No, I don't do pictures or make them by hand. I find boxes of assorted cards or I'll print some off the computer.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't do pictures but I get a box of nice cards and give one to everyone my family knows, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 boxes...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• We always send them out.
    I have 36 people on our list.
    We are planning on taking a cute pic in Utah with the snow and sending it in the cards.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I always have cards made but this year I had to cut my list into thirds. The cards are expensive and so is postage so basically if you didn't send me a card the last year or two you are getting an Ecard instead this year ;)
    Anonymous

• Yes I always mail cards to my extended family since they live so far away. I'll mail them out on Friday!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• We will definitely be sending out cards, just not the ones I'd like to send. We're pretty strapped for cash, any extra we have has to be for presents, so we don't have the money or time now to go get family pictures done to use for a card. They wouldn't be back in time to send them out by this point anyways. It sucks, but oh well. What can ya do? At least we're sending SOMETHING out. I have a list of family and a few friends that we send ours to.
    ashnevlex

Answer by ashnevlex at 9:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I will not be sending as many as I used to due to not being able to afford that my stamps. I used to do the ones with the pictures, but now I just get regular cards.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yup, I send out photo cards. I like them ...and my family likes getting updated pics of us :)
    qtmomof2

Answer by qtmomof2 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2009