Any ideas for couples christmas gifts? Trying to save a little money this holdiday season. Instead of buying separte gifts we are buying gifts for couples. Any ideas!?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• Gift cards for eating out, for pics of kids, or Omaha steaks, depending on who the couple is why not just ask if you can all get together after Christmas for a night out and forget getting gifts for one another totally?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Getting together after Christmas is not really an option for us. We live out of state! So we will just be there for the holidays!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I agree with Kimigogo...a couples book is nice too, they have devotionals for the movie fireproof. Also the power of a praying wife/power of a praying husband are nice. Tickets to the movies, a movie night basket with a bag of popcorn, soda, gift card for movie rental, you could do beer or wine depending on their taste.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• we are tight on funds this yr, too. We decided to buy gourmet coffees -cutting our old $25/person budget to about half. I'm trying to get them online, so I can buy bulk to get better savings (& so I can get an even nicer brand or size-or gift set). I have 15 to buy for.. this will save us a lot.
    -another idea... a game theme.. we did that one yr, but weren't always able to find games at a good price (money wasn't as tight then, so that was okay for us). It can be done, though.
    -I love the tickets idea ria posted --Sam's Club & Costco sell them slightly reduced.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I go to the Cinemark theater by my home and buy a booklet of passes. Each family member gets a movie ticket and I put them in a little basket (from the dollar store) and add a couple of boxes of candy also from the dollar store. Works well!
    Anonymous

• Gift Cards for a place were they can go out to eat with!!!! thats what we do
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 6:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009