Why cant i feel comfortable at my house?

We have been in this house almost a year, in april.
I just cant seem to feel comfortable. idk why were in a new city and 30 mins away from where i grew up and away from my family. I just HATE to be at home. I cant even rest there. We have a 14 month old and i am 20 weeks pregnant with our 2nd.
why do i feel like this?

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Is it possible that you are just restless because the pregnancy?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Have you painted, hung things on the wall, put throws on the couch and other things to make it a home? Are you worried about your life and afraid to get to comfy. have you planted flowers or done other things that you enjoy? Maybe it is just weird with the holidays coming up cause it is all new. Its not like you have always hung the stockings in the same place, so their is nothing comforting about it. Time to think about making it your home and plan those traditions. I think it just takes awhile to make a house into a home.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You just aren't settled yet, and you have a lot of changes all at once, just take things one day at a time.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Just give it time to adjust that is all you can do just fix your home the way you want and before you know it you'll feel right at home. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think the house is a reflection of a deeper issue. Find out what it is that is bothering you so much that you don't feel comfortable in your own skin. Is not the house, the house is a place you can decorate it, remodel it whatever but if you are not in harmony with yourself no mansion will do.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Maybe you need to try a sage cleansing of the house... there may be leftover or built-up negative or restless energy. Try taking a sage stick (it looks like a bundle of sticks tied w/ string), close all your windows and burn it throughout the house in one pass. Then try thinking about all the bad energy in the house (I visualize it as a pulsing light for some reason) flowing out of the windows as you open them. I know it sounds weird and new-agey, but for me it works.
    MamaSyn

Answer by MamaSyn at 10:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• This is going to sound weird... when I first came to see this house that I am I had this overwhelming feeling that I was home... I have had the opposite happen to me too with a home... now sometimes (some ppl have a hard time with kind of stuff, so bare with me plz) homes can hold onto the previous residents bad energies... and some ppl can pick those up within their own feelings/emotions easier than others and not even know it...
    There are a couple things that I can suggest to you... one is have you had a family gathering at your place? Sometimes having family and friends over often starts making the home feel more yours and the negative from the past will dwindle.
    Also you can do a home cleansing or a blessing (with your minster/pastor if you are of a certain faith) a home cleansing with sage and opening up all of the windows/doors to let fresh air in can also help you ... or talk to your minster/pastor (cont...)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• cont....
    ask them to come over and bless your home....
    If none of this appeals to you, have you thought of painting, maybe a little (not a whole lot) of remodeling to make the home more YOU... your colors.... add some fresh flowers ( your favorite kind) all over the house... have you started decorating for the holidays??? maybe that will help you too...
    PM me if you would like an easy home cleansing to do...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• First off I would call an electrician and see if your house is giving off electrical vibes (a high EMF reading) that can cause a lot of people to feel uncomfortable. Are you near high tension power lines, cell phone towers, etc?

If that isn't an issue, try rearranging the furniture. Sometimes just a better flow will help.
    Anonymous