How long?

Hi, i got a kitten less then 24 hours, i know it take time for them to not be scared. She is warming up to me and my husband she plays eats drinks and uses the litter box. but when my 18 m old son is around she will not come out from under the couch. do you think one day she will be friends with him or will is always be scared?? i have had kittens in the past but none were this scared and skidish

thanks

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 2:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pets

• Yes, I believe so. We have a cat, that has been in our house since birth, and she was always skittish. She finally warmed up to us and others after about a year. She still hides every now and then, but she comes out most of the time. She has always been a scardey cat though, so I think yours will be fine in a few months, if not sooner...
    jean_marie1987

Answer by jean_marie1987 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Just give her time to get used to her new environment.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 3:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think she just needs to get used to having a child around. They are often louder and move more quickly than what she is probably used to. Just make sure they are always supervised so neither one of them hurts the other and you teach your child to be gentle. Always make sure the kitten is able to get away from the child when it wants to. I'm sure in a little time she will become less afraid. Some cats are just timid by nature.

Anonymous