I hate my birth control

So I took BC last year right after getting married because everyone else told me that I didn't want to get pregnant right away. About 3 months later I decided that yes, I did want to get pregnant so I went off BC and got pregnant a month later. About 2 months after the baby was born, I went back on BC but I hate it. I hate putting the chemicals and hormones into my body but my DH and I don't have the money for condoms so this is our option to keep from getting pregnant. But I absolutely hate taking it everyday. It kinda depresses me when I swallow it every day...know what I mean?

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 2:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Health

• Try the Neuva Ring, or something, unless you wanna keep getting pregnant over and over.
    Anonymous

• i chose the mirena good up to 5 years if needed
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't really like the idea of an IUD because, to me, I see it as a form of home abortion almost. I mean I say life begins at conception and if there's a fertilized egg that can't grab hold, then I'm aborting it. Not saying this is the right way to see it. It's just how I do.
    TotallyWarped

Answer by TotallyWarped at 3:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You can get FREE condoms at your local Health Department.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• @ Totally warped, contraception is exactly that. Against Conception. If you dont' want to get pregnant you have to find the option that works for you, but any option you choose other than condoms will have some kind of hormone or chemical. That's the way it works, it makes your body work against fertilizing an egg. There's the patch, the shot, the pill, a diaphragm, spermicide, condoms, IUD's and the Nuva Ring. You have to speak to your family doctor or GYN to find the option that works best for you. Tell him/her your concerns, and work together to find the best solution.
    ariesgirl217

Answer by ariesgirl217 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009