I was out yesterday evening my husband invited One of the tenants A female and her 3 children in for dinnerAm I overracting?

She was leaving and he was out to the car explaing why she and the kids were there and so was my 3 children. She had came over and asked for some cereal cause her kids were hungry. We have sent dinner to other tenants when we can but never in had them in the house till last night. Her husband is not in the picture, I am not upset about the food but her being there when Iwasnt. She has never been toTHE house when I have been home why when its just him?Am i just overacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that if he wanted to cheat he would not do it with 6 kids in the house. I mean come on. My dh and I only have 3 and we hardly get alone time while they are awake. Do you really think that your kids would not tell you if dad did something with her?
    Anonymous

• your not over reacting. i would pay close attention.
    Anonymous

• I dont know why when you arent home but i would say she just doesnt feel comfortable asking for stuff when you are home. I would say it put your husband in a akward spot..kinda hard to send them away with cereal if you have a hot meal ready so maybe it just worked out that he was stuck and just invited them in. Tennant may just be taking advantage or feels comfortable sweet talking a guy forwhat she wants. I hope she doesnt kepe coming around expecting it all the time.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Not over reacting!! Just let you hubby know that is not okay!! This could start an emotional bond adn women are crazy!!
    Anonymous

• Nope, there really could be something more going on, and I would def. keep a closer eye on things, and he should had talked to you before inviting her. Sneaky men.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• That depends. Do you have any other reasons to believe your hubby is cheating? If so then I would say you are not overeacting. If not than yes, you probably are.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• men are very odd in there ways making things look "good" i would def. keep an eye on this. it doesnt sound normal to me.
    Anonymous

• I think that you should talk with your husband because ultimately, it is his responsibility what happened. He could have easily say: "My wife is not here, I'll ask her to call you when she gets home, here are some apples (or whatever) you can take home with you for the kids or something like that. he just opened a can of worms by allowing her access into the house without you there.

But in the same token, I can't blame her, she is asking for food for her children and she will do whatever it takes to get it. The question is: Can you husband have enough common sense to know that another woman in his house without the wife present is a no no.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Maybe he is a lot nicer to her than you are. Not that you're mean, maybe you just do not say hi or talk to her & make her feel cozy. Obviously, if she is asking you for cereal to feed her kids, she is poor & cannot always feed her kids. Maybe she is embarrassed by this. I would not jump to conclusions, i would just have a serious talk with hubby & maybe try to be friends with this lady. If she totally shuts you out, then worry...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• it doesnt matter why she came when you werent home, you are mean/you are nice/hubbys nicer/the kids wanted to/the cereal tastes better then/whatever....none of that is the point. The point is a woman with common sense would know that you dont go hang out with someone elses man, when you fdont know each other. would be diff if you and hubby had at least a small relationship with her, kwim? but she is kinda a stranger. tell hubby no more of that, and is you see tenant ask her from now on to come speak to you if she needs some help. just say you know more abou twhat food is there or something, because as was stated, this lady was trying to feed her kids...and thats all that mattered to her, not chasing your hubby.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009