deli meats...

i ate a ham sandwich about an hour ago and now i feel horrible!!! i have been eating alot of deli meats here lately and i know im not supposed to, so now that i feel sick i am worried! has anyone ever had listeriosis? if so, what were all the symptoms and was everything okay??

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should have maybe warmed it up in the microwave or in a pan hun. you can get really sick, i did and i threw up and had a slight fever and some diareah. it dont feel good at all :(
    Anonymous

• Oh hon, please listen to your Dr. about not eating deli meats. They are usyally so processed and have all kinds of preservatives that aren't good for the baby. Hope ya feel better! ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• oops, sorry I didn't answer the question.
    kenzie07

• yea i know, i wish i would have done that now, but it's too late now!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• **usually**
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• thanks so much! i hope i do too :(
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i think it would take longer than an hour to hit but i'm not sure. i used to not take the warning seriously but then i read that pregnant women are 30x more likely to get it. not sure if that's just that pregnant women are more likely to get diagnosed if they get it because they are more likely to go to the dr, or because pregnant women have reduced immunity. probably both. gl!
    Anonymous

• I started eating deli meats during the second trimester and continued to the end. My baby is fine. Now I didn't eat them every day but maybe once a week or once every other week. Your risk of getting into a car crash are way higher than your risk of getting listeriosis during pregnancy and no one tells you to stop riding in a car. I'm not telling you to go ahead and keep eating them, but I wouldn't worry if you do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• "Your risk of getting into a car crash are way higher than your risk of getting listeriosis during pregnancy and no one tells you to stop riding in a car"

yes but one is easy to avoid while the other is not for many people in the USA. :)
    Anonymous