Years ago, my ex drank all the time, he wouldn't allow me to have the kids

because i was under state court ordered not to go near him. I assaulted him because he said that he wants my sister and wonders how my mom is in bed. That got me so mad. First time i assaulted him. I tried every way to get my kids to my care, but the children's office said their is nothing to be done. Today, i have the kids with me and recently i had drank one night out of 8 months sober. I don't have cravings. My mom was with me when i had drank. No arrest was made because i didn't try to black out or anything. But my ex is making a big deal out of this. He has 5 records of domestic violence. I have two, but one was dropped 4 years ago and the other happened about 8years ago. Just seemed that he tried to set me up to be the bad person using our kids to put me in jail years ago. Anyway, this past still upsets me because of his dishonesty, betrayal, lies trying to have his mom take over his responsibilities. what is this?

allie140

Asked by allie140 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• So everything is "his fault" Own it girl, he didn't put a gun to your head and say Drink. He said what he had to say but ultimately it was you who decided to assault him, so grow up and own your actions. I am sorry for your kids it seems as if both of you are playing home while kids are the ones paying the price for your actions.

One piece of advice: Do what is right by your kids and don't worry about a darn looser.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009