what do think will happen if obama decides to pull the troops out today?

what do you think the consequences will be, if any? would this be the best choice for our country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is hell either way
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• something BAAAAAD will happen
    Anonymous

• As much as I want our troops back home sound and safe, I know that everybody who has died would have died in vain if President Obama pulls the troops back today.

There was a mission that needed to be accomplished. Our troops need to be supported no matter what or when the war ends. I don't have all the answers but I know this much. God bless our troops and grant wisdom to our President to do what is best for our country and he too needs our support.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Life will go- both good and bad. Life is hard work and crap happens. You learn to make decisions and deal. 2 weeks ago Ft Hood- a horrible event on American soil, and we keep on going. I refuse to live in fear. You live in fear and in the past, you lose, period.

There is that issue of the dependence on the foreign oil teat-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• There was a mission that needed to be accomplished

Please explain what that mission is, thanks.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't know. Ask all of those service man/woman that selflessly left the comfort of their home and loved ones to go overseas defending the same privileges that so many take for granted here in the mainland. They felt and still feel that there is a mission that needs to be accomplish, a mission bigger than themselves. Is not the paycheck or the medical benefits what has them enrolled and re-enlisted it is a sense of duty, duty to a mission.

I don't want to start anything, fundamentally, I disagree with war but what I am saying is that if we pull out our troops today, noting was accomplished, all of those brave and honorable our brothers would have die in vain.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• We would have to deal with it again down the road. The terrorists are pretty damn creative. What would they do to top 9-11 after they took afghanistan over again?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Don't speak for the troops, Bebita. Until you've done a tour or two like I have, you really have no place assuming what we want. Most of the guys and gals I served with did our jobs to the best of our ability, but we also saw there was nothing really to accomplish..
    Anonymous

• So are we to stay in multiples wars until the planet is rid of ALL terrorists? Seriously??

Bring on the draft. This will NEVER end -

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Most of the guys and gals I served with did our jobs to the best of our ability, but we also saw there was nothing really to accomplish..

Thank you for your service and your opinion.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009