I hate taking my BC

So I took BC last year right after getting married because everyone else told me that I didn't want to get pregnant right away. About 3 months later I decided that yes, I did want to get pregnant so I went off BC and got pregnant a month later. About 2 months after the baby was born, I went back on BC but I hate it. I hate putting the chemicals and hormones into my body but my DH and I don't have the money for condoms so this is our option to keep from getting pregnant. But I absolutely hate taking it everyday. It kinda depresses me when I swallow it every day...know what I mean?

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 3:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try another method.
    I use the NuvaRing.
    If you don't want hormones, try a cervical cap or a diaphragm.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yes!! They made me so moody!! I love being off of it!!
    Anonymous

• I do know what you mean.
    I am taking a low does pill.
    I really hate that I cant keep my skin clear!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You can always go on depo, or get an IUD put in. Depo is once every 3 months, and the IUD can last up to 5 years. (The hormones thing sucks) BUT you won't be thinking about it as much!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• diaphram and spermacide
    Anonymous

• God i hate the idea of not being able to get pregnant.. it depresses me too.. but we can't afford it either... i have a iud.. you don't have to think about taking pills and stuff and the hormones it put out is so little that it only is suppose to effect that part of you so its okay to breast feed with it.. .good luck.. there are places you can get free condoms but be honest would you really want to use them?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• A diaphragm (insurance will cover it) but you do have to see your doctor to get fitted for it.
    Have you looked into natural family planning (NFP) ? By tracking your temperature and other fertility signs, you can know pretty exactly when you should have sex to get pregnant or to abstain (or use a back up method) to not get pregnant. The definitive book on the subject is Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Even if you decide not to use the method, you'll learn TONS about your body and that knowledge is really powerful to have.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• the only problem with doing that eema is that I haven't had a regular period since having the baby. i've been having 1 period a month but also some breakthrough bleeding 2 weeks after. i jsut got put on a higher dose pill but that sucks even more.
    TotallyWarped

Answer by TotallyWarped at 6:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you can get condoms for free at your local health department. It'd be cheaper than birth control
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009