Littering...am I over-reacting?

I have always taught my children that littering is not okay in anyway. My fiance liters all the time and the kids try to tell him that is it not okay. Well today when they were out he told my son to just put his lollipop stick on the ground...and my son didnt want to. well my fiance pretty much told him to do it again. I told my fiance that I taught my children well not to litter and that it is not right and is illegal. you can get fined for it. I asked him to respect my wishes. but all he did was hang up on me. am I over-reacting about this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• no, your not. hes a big baby and needs to grow up.
    Anonymous

• I don't think so. You have a problem with littering so he should not encourage your children to do that. He shouldn't do it either. IMO, if one of you has a problem with something, the other should respect that and not do it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Whose kids are they his or yours? It is your responsiblility to raise them to be useful member of society. Your fiance is giving you a huge red flag of how much respect he has for you a s a mother.

I woul dnot even date a guy who has such little consideration for others, specially for you and your children. Hanging up on you, what is he five? I would not date him anymore, my children's morals, values and ethics come first. I wouldn't compromise, teach him to respect you and your parental decisions or give him th eboot.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• No you're not. You work hard to instill values in your children, why does your fiance think it is ok to throw all that out the window because he doesn't think the same way?
    Anonymous

• Ugh littering is disgusting..Why some people think that others should have to pick up after them is beyond me. It says something about his character..the world isnot his trash can. He needs to apologize to his child for asking him to do that and tell him that sometimes adults make mistakes too.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Honestly, when it comes down to it it's not the littering issue I worry about (Although I teach my son not to do it!) If he's going to disrespect your wishes on something little like littering, I would worry about bigger issues in the future. Bedtime? Will he let them stay up later than you, even if you tell him their bedtime? Dinner? Letting them eat junk before, even if you told him no snacks before dinner? The little things are a good indicator of the big things in the future. (Just my opinion on it)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If you two can't respect each other's choices now it won't get better after you are married.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Nope! And I would think twice about this relationship. If he will undermine your authority in a little matter like this, just think what he could do with a larger issue.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I agree with those that say you should reconsider marriage with this guy. He doesn't sound like much of a keeper in my opinion.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009