I am 23 weeks pregnant today and yesterday morning I got stung by a bee.

I have only been stung a couple of times ever and I am allergic, so usually I swell up like a balloon when I get stung and I go to the er. But this time nothing really happened. I was stung on my finger and it swelled pretty bad but other than that I just got really tired and slept all day and all night last night. Today when I got to work I noticed that the baby isn't moving. She stays pretty much on schedual but so far nothing all day. And I dono about all day yesterday cause I was sleeping. I feel kinda dumb worrying about this but would a bee sting have any affect on the baby?

Gigi76825

Asked by Gigi76825 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no sweetie you are fine....my friend got bit by a scorpion...baby is healthy..stop worring!! :)
    Anonymous

• lol.. silly your baby is fine!!!
    Anonymous

• I was stung by a wasp... I was fine. As long as your baby is moving you should be okay
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• bee sting or not, if your worried call your doctor. if baby isn't moving, drink something high sugar...like apple juice and then in about 15 min lay down and see if you can feel movments... if not, definetly call your doc.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Honestly because you say you haven't felt her move, I would probably call your doctor's office, just in case.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'm not sure momma, and you're not being silly(as an above poster said), as pregnant mothers we have a right to worry about the little things!!! I really don't know what to tell you about that though, never heard about anything like that! I think you should call your advice nurse/docs office and ask. And DEFINATLY drink something like OJ or apple juice and lie down and do the kick count test. Still no movement, call the doc immediatly!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2009