Stew meat

So I have stew meat, but don't want beef stew, so I was thinking I would make beef tips instead. So how should I cook the meat? I was thinking just putting it in the crockpot with some onion, beef broth and onion soup mix for about 6 hours on low. Sound like it will work? Then I'll just add corn starch to the mix at the end to thicken it up and put it over noodles? I'm normally a by the recipe kind of cook.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 3:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sounds good; here's a tip on the cornstarch thickener: mix the cornstarch with water ahead of time to make a slurry, then add it when you are ready. This prevents the annoying clumps of cornstarch that you can get. You can also make a flour slurry the same way.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Sounds good to me, I thicken my gravy the same way, but mix the corstarch/flour very well.
    Anonymous

• I had it the other night. I cut the meat up in small pieces and quick fry them in olive oil and seasonings then dump the noodles on top to mix it all together. It's quick, only minutes and not hours.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009