Child is shaking....Please help 2 drs dont have any idea but tell me not to worry!

Since my daughter was born until about a year old when ever she woke up she would start shaking. It would go away in a minutes time or so. The dr. said its fine and that it happens no one knows why.. . Sometimes then but more now she starts shaking when she starts to eat. It goes away but people thinks that she is starving. She is not. She eats every two or three hours. Actually she eats a lot more than most kids at the age of two. Should i be worried? Does this happen to other kids? Please help it does worry me even if her Dr says not to worry. Its not normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I haven't heard of it before. But you could ask for a consult with a neurologist. Ask for an MRI, first. Then if that shows anything they will send you anyway. And be sure to tell the doctors that tell you not to worry that they need to work on their bedside manner. Of course you are going to worry. Especially since it happens when she starts to eat now.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• It would worry me too. Can you take her to a pediatric neurologist and see to have them make an EGG on her? Could it be a convulsion, there are about 40+ types of seizures out there not just the epileptic kind. Is it flapping of the hands or violent shaking, please describe in details. Your child's pediatrician should be the one giving you answers not just suggesting you not to worry about it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My sister did that.
    She was having seizure type shaking.
    In honesty you need to see a different dr.
    Find a childrens hospital or something.
    This is nor a normal thing.
    Anonymous

• Trust your gut and get a second opinion. You need to get some kind of diagnosis for it.
    There has to be some kind of explanation for what is going on.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• OP HERE- Thank you ladies... Its strange that she does this and im glad you all dont think im crazy for thinking so. Its mostly just her head that shakes. Im going to go see a diff. Dr. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

• Aww, OP, you are a good mama. I would be worried about that too. Have they tested her for lead? It has to be something neurological and I would get a second opinion.
    It annoys me that so many dr.'s make us feel like psychotic nut jobs just because they don't know what something is.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I would get a schedule an appt with a neurologist...don't ever think twice about questioning a doctor. They are human just like everyone else and they do make mistakes or misdiagnose. It's better to see another dr, just to be sure.
    Anonymous

• Take her to a child neurologist now, havin suffered petite mal seziures my whole life, until I got on meds and out grew them, do not rest!! Does she sometimes stare off for a bit as well, I am just curious, but mommies guts do not lie take her back to doc, they will give her an EEG and see if her brain waves are normal, if she has not had one INSIST on it mom! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009