If a friend...

If your friend was half an hour late picking your child up from daycare, and it is 10$ for every 15 minutes that you are late, would you ask her for the 20$? My friend was fully aware she had to be there by 1:00PM, and didn't get him until 1:30. Is it wrong to ask her for the 20$? Should I let her pick him up again? (My DH doesn't want her to)

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 3:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldnt ask her for the money she probably does feel bad. Did she give a reasone for being late? I would just say "Please letme know if you cnat be there right at one and Ill see if I can get someone else so I can avoid the late fee, they are outrageous!' Just be nice Im sure it was an accident if it happens again I would find someone lese to pick up my child.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'd let her know about the fee, and that she was late by half an hour and that yes she needs to pay, you and your child were relying on her.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I guess it would depend on the situation...was she stuck in traffic or something? Also, I think that if someone was doing you a favor, you should not ask her to pay. I'm assuming she didn't ask you for compensation for gas to p/u your kiddo?
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Okay your child, your responsibility, your friend was making yo a favor I assume or was she getting paid to pick your child up? If she was getting paid then yes it is her duty to be there on time, if she was making you a favor, say thank you and know that she is not a reliable friend.

Whatever the case is, your child doesn't want here to pick her up in the future, I suggest you listen and make other pick up arrangements.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I guess it depends on whether or not you were paying her to babysit. But that happened to me once, and my friend paid, without me having to say anything to her about it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Well she regularly picks him up, and has never been lat before. I just wanted some other people's opinions. I'll probably just mention it to her. I'm sure she feels bad about it.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 3:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• the situation does matter...and yes even if she is doing you a favor she gave you the ok to rely on her to do THE FAVOR RIGH without any problems! whether your paying for gas or not,If she cant handle doing what you asked her without issues she shouldnt accept you asking her for help..or offer giving you help
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• No, I'd not allow her to do it again. Maybe she's picking him up late so you will not ask her to do it again.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If I was in this situation, I would mention the fee to her and see if she offers to pay it. If she doesn't, i would just pay it and not ask her to pick him up anymore. I don't think that amount of money is significant enought to start a fight.
    Anonymous

• I probably would not ask her for the money. I would consider it payment for a lesson learned, and I would not ask her to pick the child up again.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009