healthcare bill creates marriage penalty?

read at the link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 3:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ya well we make no where near that so I guess we dont ahve to worry.
    We only make 25000 a year.

By your logic I should not worry about those who do not have healthcare because I do so it doesn't affect me. This will affect small business owners who employ millions in our country. My dad is one of those small business owners that would be affected. I am not shocked by this and if the healthcare bill is passed and they don't generate the revenue they thought they would and start taxing the middle class we all are screwed. But hey it doesn't affect you so who cares.
    Anonymous

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

We only make 25000 a year.
    Anonymous

• Looks like I am going to have to get divorced. I don't make enough married to get any help from the state. I don't make enough to pay my bills. I cannot find a job (8 months) with a degree. Now they want to add more to my already full plate.
    Anonymous

• So, as long as we make less then $250,000 a year, we are fine? I don't see us ever making that much! But, I guess if it comes to that, hubby will work under the table.
    I suppose the politicians that make that much don't have to pay that tax, right?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• sorry I linked it from the second page instead of the first

here http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/20/married-couples-face-tax-in-senate-health-care-bil/

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• well Rain you should be safe then....oh WAIT, bet your BOSS makes more. Wonder what they will ever do to make up for that tax????
    Anonymous

• No I should worry because it wont affect me
    WE dont make enough for that tax and we already havae insurence so why should i worry over something that WILL NOT affect me?
    You make no sense.
    Sorry
    Anonymous

• So, all of these taxes improves the way my doctor treats me - how exactly? Neither of these bills improve health care. Neither of these bills insures my doctor does a good job, is competent, or can see me when needed. Both of these bills raise taxes. These are tax bills and health care is what is being taxed. It is vulgar.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Well, if you aren't in the wealthy group, how much money they have left still affects you. What they can purchase, how much they can tip, all of it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009