Birth in different time zones

If you live in New York and are visiting family in California when you are pregnant and you end up giving birth in CA at 11:30 pm on 11/22...do you consider your child born on 11/22 at 11:30 pm (CA time) or 11/23 at 2:30 am (NY time)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter was born in England we always said 8:24 GMT
    Anonymous

• I time it all on where you are when the baby is born. I live in the Pacific I had my first on 11/30 my sister had her 1st 11hours late in the Eastern time zone. We both say what time they were born according to that time zone but always mention that they have a cousin that is about 11 hours apart born on opposite corners of the country.
    Also the time that is on the birth certificate is according to where you are so that is another reason I would stick to the time zone tha tyou birthed in.
    Anonymous

• CA time
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Tjhe time thats on the Birth Cert. If she was born in CA then it will be Pacific time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• the California time. i was born in Japan & i consider my birth time by what time it was there...b/c if i didnt my birthday would be the 22nd of Oct instead of the 23rd haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Ditto to anon 53:  My dh and daughters are GMT and I'm BST lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009