How cold is your house?

I have been keeping our thermostat at 66. I know it is a bit chilly but we just wear a sweatshirt and fuzzy socks. My dd hasnt complained but she always puts on her sock hat b4 bed. She is 7..I think she just has personality but a few people who have seen her in her bed crack jokes about me not turning the heat up more. Sometimes I turn it up if we are just chilly but for the most part we just dress warm in the house. The hat is cause she is cold after the shower and doesnt like to blow dry. What is your temp set at?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At night it is at 72 but it gets freezing in here at night unless the heat is on.
    We left it off one night and thru the night it ended up being 55 burrrrr
    During the day tho we have it just turned off.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• 71-72 but no heat in our bedroom ...I like my room chilly
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• 70 all day & night
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think our thermostat is set at 68. There's no heat in the kitchen so we have a space heater in there otherwise it's freezing.

Back when we lived in Pennsylvania we were so poor we never set our thermostat above 60 degrees. That is down right nippy when the outside temp is -15F. The kids used to sleep with footies pajamas and 3 or 4 blankets. We wore 2 pairs of socks at all times, sometimes sweats under our jeans, layers of sweatshirts. Sometimes the kids would even put their gloves on inside and no matter what your toes, fingers and noses were always cold or numb. But we couldn't afford to put it up any higher. At night I even turned it down to 58 while we slept. Our bedroom had a door so it was 10 degrees warmer in there (always kept the door shut) so the baby slept in our room until we moved.
    So 68 seems balmy to me, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• 55 at night, 62-64 during the day.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I live in Wisconsin we do where sweat shirts and socks and right now we have it at 65. At night it is set to 55. I like to be cooler at night because I like my covers. I think it also depends on how well the house is insulated. We moved into this house last year, it is a one story ranch our last house was a tri level and we were always cold and had the heat set around 75! This house just seems to stay warmer than the last.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• We leave ours at 71 in the evenings and 68 during the day!
    micjones

Answer by micjones at 4:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• 68

Hubby is very hot natured and this is as warm as he can stand it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Usually 68 during the day, unless a cold front comes through then it is 70. At night it is at 70 anyway.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Okay, I would freeze with all of you.

Honestly we keep ours right now (its about 51 degrees outside) at 75. But in the winter when it gets really cold (like 0) I have to watch my DH like a hawk because he will turn it up to about 80 or higher. He hates being cold. We are only 35, not 90.

But I think its because we both grew up with either oil heat or coal heat which are known to be "warmer". Because since I moved from PA to OH, I haven't ever been warm. We have either had elect. heat or gas heat since then.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009