why does she do this? crazy or something else? MIL

My MIL will not call our house to talk to myself or her son. A fight hasnt happened, no one os mad nothing like that, she just wont call here. She will call my sil and have her call my dh and say"you have to call mom" and when dh calls, she is just wanting to complain to him , insult him, get in our business etc...my question is, why isnt she calling herself? Its a sick situation to begin with and she treats me like a home wrecker who stole her man...so is she not calling because it somehow bugs her to have to ask me to speak with him? Its so annoying and I just wish she would stop the drama and try to get along with me...this whole situation with her anad her drama, its costing her her son....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe, just maybe, she's complaining to your SIL about your dh and since SIL doesn't want to hear her complaints or be in the middle of it, she calls and asks your dh to call your MIL...does that make sense?

I would step back and allow him to handle his mother...that way, I won't be hurt or upset about her rude behavior and my life with my dh will be a happy one...misery loves company so do yourself a favor and step away from her misery and allow her to wallow in it by herself...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• just ask her why she is being immature about the situation. tell her to grow up unless she wants ruin the relationship for good.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• sounds like my mil...... i call her a drama queen...
    Anonymous

• I think your DH needs to simply tell his sister, that if his mother wishes to speak to him, to call him personally. Not call when the sister tells him too. If he has to explain that it is hurting his feelings or whatever. Also the sister should probably bow out of the situation too.
    Anonymous

• This is something you should let your husband handle. Anything you try to do about it will very likely only make matters worse. So just let them work it out.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Sounds an awful lot like my MIL... She too acts like I am the "other woman". She won't even let me come over to let her see her grandson unless I have DH with me. She calls and says things to DH like, "Can you sneak away to come see me?" or "Can you go out tonight or are you stuck at home?" Its totally infuriating. But I agree w/ PPs - let DH handle it. Its his mom, his issue. Most likely, as someone once pointed out to me, you are lucky that you don't have to be forced to talk to her a lot! See the silver lining?
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I agree with anonymous 4:27. I'd suggest this to your DH if I were you.
    Anonymous

• Stay out of it, getting into the middle of things will only go against you!!!!
    Anonymous

• OP here, thanks ladies. I do try to stay out of it until I overhear things being said about me directly, and then I try my best to keep it short and to the point. I am so gld I will never be like this when my son is a grown man and has a hapopy life. its so weird, how can she not just be happy for him? weirdos lol.
    Anonymous