What is a good, useful gift for a baby shower?

Not too expensive and easy to pack in a suitcase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• Diapers and baby wipes
    Anonymous

• it might sound silly but with me been in the medical field i always give infants or children tylenol/motrin...diaper rash cream, oral gel, ear ache drops, and different other items i call " i wish i had" and just put it in a cute basket she can reuse... because normally everyone forget that but she will remember you when the kid have her up all night. good luck
    texasdelta

Answer by texasdelta at 4:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• A baby health kit. Tylnol drops, teething jel, therm, etc all in one nice box.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i like the 2nd and 3rd suggestions
    Anonymous

• diapers, wipes, gas drops, baby tylenol, baby wash cloths, onsies....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Mylicon drops for gas. Nail clippers, socks.
    Anonymous

• The perfect gift is the Carter's Keep Me Dry Crib Pads. I only got one of these at my shower and ended up buying several more. The nice thing is that you can use them for years! They can in handy when I was potty training my toddler at night even. www.babiesrus.com for $8.99  another good present that can be used for years is comfy blanket.  I got one like this at my shower and my son has carried it around for five years now. ABC 123 Luxury HiPile Blanket - Just Born  - BabiesThis one is called ABC 123 Luxury HiPile Blanket it is on sale for $10.98 at www.babiesrus.com  Both fit nicely in a suitcase too!  She'll get lots of products she can only use for a few months like bottles and onesies. These are presents I always buy now!
    Anonymous

• If you can sew, receiving blankets. My MIL made me six or seven receiving blankets that are WAY better than those crappy ones from the store. My daughter is only 3 months old, but we're still using them and there is no way I'd be able to swaddle her from the armpits down with the store ones now. She is way too big for them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Diapers area always good, so are wipes, If she's going to breastfeed, lansolin would be great, but I also agree, that some infant tylenol, motrin, maybe a thermometer, nail clippers (them things always get lost), mylacon, I NEVER used socks - had them, just didn't use them, they always came off any ways. A gum/tooth cleaning set, baby soap and lotion, Towels are over rated, but I do like the ones for older kids like tigger with a hood, I used those for my little ones (they were thicker and didn't leave me or where ever I laid her down at wet while keeping her head warm and covered. Bloppy is also great, but not so sure how well that would fit in a suite case.
    Anonymous

• DIAPERS WITHOUT A DOUBT is the best but blankets are good and if not sure what to get do a gift card that rocks
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009