Does meatloaf freeze well?

Hubby is deployed and I'm running out of ideas for small meals. I saw a good recipe for individual meatloafs and I was thinking about making them and freezing the extras. Does meatloaf taste good when you thaw it?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 4:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You don't have to bake it before you freeze it. Get the meat, mix everything into it and make your individual amts. Then just wrap and freeze. Take out as needed , thaw and bake.

I do this all the time! When ever I make meatloaf I usually make a double batch. I bake one and freeze the other for another day. It's nice because I don't have to mess with mixing it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• That's an amazing idea. You freeze it with the egg in it and everything?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't care for it frozen after baked, I will try the individual meatloaves tho, It's just dh and I at home, thanks Nika75
    Anonymous

• I freeze meatballs all the time (same recipe as my meatloaf, kids just prefer small meatballs). They taste just as good as fresh. Wrap well, first in plastic, then in foil, then in a freezer bag, and it'll keep for quite some time.
    Anonymous

• I've never had a problem with it after it was cooked and frozen.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I make meatloaf muffins.Freeze in foil muffin liner then put in large ziplocks.Take out ,defrost in frig ,put in muffin pan and cook.No waste.When younger the kids ate one now two as does husband.I have frozen raw and baked.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2009