Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Texas who do we contact to change state laws?

In Texas which polictician would we contact to change state laws?

Answer Question

Asked by Lexxy633 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Who are your representatives (like your precinct)? You should be able to go to the state's website and pull up who your state elected officials are and go from there. Changing laws is a huge thing though, so I would start at your local elected officials and go from there. If you have a group of like minded individuals that you can take to visit your elected officials to voice your opinion, that might have a bigger impact.  First things first, start small.  Tell them what you want.  Show them the benefits to what you are proposing and be prepared to see many people. 


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • Call a priest, they apparently have some pill! LOL


    Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • As I understand it, you can't just complain and have the law reversed. The law has to actually be enforced and then you can challenge the validity of the law. At least, that is what you have to do with federal law.

    Answer by jesse123456 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • You should be able to find the names of your local representatives online or in the paper. That's who you go to...the legislators fro your individual district. It might take a while...or if the legislators were involed in passing that law, it'll never happen.

    Alternately you can challenge a law in court....that'lll take years and cash.

    Answer by gdiamante at 10:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.