what is your favorite saying/advice from your mom?

what is one thing your mom use to always say you will always remember..either in the sense you still use it with your kids, you wish you would have listen, or just something that made you the lady you are today ? or even one you thought you would never say!

mine is...learn to love someone despite their faults then you know you have really loved.

i ain't one of your little school friends dont forget who you talking to..i say this to my son til this day.

texasdelta

Asked by texasdelta at 4:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine was something she said just once and it really helped me get over a break up: " Why would you want to stay with someone who treats you like crap, if he really loves you he wouldn't treat you like that." I never regretted the break up from that moment on. 3 Months later I found my future husband and we have been married over 23 years now
    Anonymous

• One saying I wish I would have listened to? "One day when you have kids, they are going to act just like you're acting now!"
    Boy that "mom curse" really works!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• There were two that I always heard and remembered even now.

Dont stick your elbow out too far, it may go home in a different car!!

AND

Marriage has a ring to it...an engagement ring, a wedding ring, and a suffering.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My mom aways told me before you marry someone make them every emotion you possiably can so you know how they will react in different situations.Best advice I ever got.

The saying that I remember and have used with my kids is: Pick your friends not your nose!
    momto2cutekids

Answer by momto2cutekids at 5:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• "One day, you'll have a child JUST LIKE YOU..." (thanks, mom...'cause I really needed a stubborn, opinionated child, LOL)

"I brought you into this world and, so help me God, I can take you out just as quickly" (I always cracked up at that one, lol)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• from my dad...
    Of all the little girls in the whole wide world who is daddy's favorite

I would always say ME..until I got older and would guess all my frineds first and laugh while he waited for me to get to me lol.

He does this to my dd now and she beams and tells me im not his favorite anymore!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My mom's words of wisdom were limited to charming homilies like "Stop crying before I give you something to cry about it." The best words of wisdom I ever got were from my Gramps... he always told me whatever it is, it'l come and it'll go. This helped me get through a lot of unpleasantness- realizing that it was temporary.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• "Relationships are the hardest thing we do."

"Don't ever trust a man. Even the capable ones will dress your kids in inside-out clothes and drop them off to school an hour late with no lunch or homework."

"I'm no mental giant, but I know better than..."

"No, you can't have that, it's junk."
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My mother always said "A woman should have her own bank account with her own money in it."

She always did, her mother always did, and I always have.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I you want it done right, do it yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 6:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2009