Would you be pissed off?

I've been trying to get a job. Like everyone else... but I got a letter from the state of oregon saying i qualified to get a interview for this position... like a perfect dream job type position... and I called them so many times to try and schedule the interview.. they finally called me back and said that they were doing group interviews and i'm like great i'll stand out no problem.. but there are only 4 groups and three of them are full and the last one is on the day before thanksgiving at 5 o clock pm! Sucks for me i'll be on my way to the air port at 5 am the day before thanks giving. How stupid could these people be scheduling interviews the day before thanksgiving. I'm sure it helped narrow it down but it makes me so angry that i can't do anything to get this interview.. and i've asked her everything but its all a dead dream.. :( tear...

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 5:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Look at it this way maybe it wasn't mean't to be for you to get that job maybe something else is lined up for you so you hang in there and let it happen especially when you ask God for help.

I agree what kind of person would schedule interviews for this type of job in the middle of the holidays not to mention they are not even available for you to reach them...why would you want to work with a company like that... dream job or not. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• no way to bump that ticket back????
    Anonymous

• Can you move the ticket? Can you call them back and ask to be put on a waiting list??
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'm on a list and i'm just hoping they don't like anyone so they call me.. and my dad is the one that paid for the ticket and we're all traveling together and we have to drive for a couple hours once we land and i can't rent a car by myself because i'm to young
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• They might have a very tight hiring window if they are anything like the State of NY. We need waivers that are time-limited to do any kind of hiring right now. We're under a hiring freeze. I highly doubt the people doing the interviews want to do them this week, either. Probably something that has to get done by the end of the month. Sorry it doesn't seem to be working out for you this time. Group interviews are not fun. There are going to be other candidates there that also feel like they are the right one for the job. Lots of competition.....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009