Is there any way to get your husband to help out around the house more, without being asked?!

mikeysmomma2007

Asked by mikeysmomma2007 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ha no. but every time i get annoyed that i feel like i clean up after him and everyone else.. i just remind myself that he is the one who does things like hang shelves, fix toilets, change filters, and lawn things. he also goes to work. i still ask him to clean up after himself.... sometimes he does. mostly he doesnt. good luck!
    Anonymous

• What about a chore chart?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You should have married a mind reader
    Anonymous

• if it's a rutine job (done daily/weekly) i'd say chances are a guy can learn. but other day stuff - nope w/ mine. 'do whatever you see needs to be done and i'll be grateful' does not work for my dh. he does tv or his jobs partly saying at last he run out of time. unfortunatelly, i must ask and watch close. i'd appreciate other ladies feedback also on how to succeed.
    Anonymous

• No! LOL! Ok I'm being unfair, my SO will wash the dishes without me asking on occasion. But for stuff like cleaning the toilets, I have to ask.
    Anonymous

• This is what I did with my hubby, now it has taken a long time to get here but he does laundry, toilets, giving the kids baths, dishes, cooking, sweeping, etc without asking him now. Many years ago, I told him how nice it would be if he did those things without me asking him because it helped me out and in return I would not be too tired to have sex LOL... I also never bitched when he did them differently than I do and I always show my appreciation for what he did do.. I have come home many times from work to a clean house and clean clothes. And trust me, he loves how I thank him LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Mine assumes that certain chores,such as cleaning the toilets are mine, and I don't mind. I'd rather do that than change the oil in the car and do other car maintenance, and the other messy and dirty chores he does.

Answer by Bmat at 6:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I recommend the Jedi mind control. Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009