foodstamps question, asking this anonymously so I dont get bashed

Is anyone getting their foodstamps early for thanksgiving? I usually do, but I didnt get a notice, so I was just wondering if anyone else was or if they arent doing that this year. You dont have to answer if you dont get foodstamps. And please dont be mean about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i was on it last year during this time mine had just started a few months prior. and we do not get them early. i was hoping to get a little more this month so i could do a nice dinner. but i didnt so i cant.
    Anonymous

• i don't think they do that
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think you won't this year because of the end of the month being on a Monday, the past few years the end of the month has been on a weekend, and much like a paycheck they have to be in hand or card loaded before the !st of the month, everyone has hard times, so please don't be embarassed!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• The way this economy is going, nobody should bash you for being on Food stamps, or any other kind of assistance. I find that the greedy, snooty people are the one's who whine and bash. I'm not greedy. :)
    Anonymous

• Our family gets food stamps and they are always loaded on the same date every month regardless of a holiday. My husband just got retired from the Army and we have had to get on food stamps and a few other government assistance programs because we can barely make it. He's only been out since March and we're worse off now than we were in the military! We are just thankful there is some sort of help out there. Good luck.
    sarah126

Answer by sarah126 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• when i was on them, no, it didnt matter if there was a holiday. i got them the same day each month all yr long.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of getting food stamps early for the holidays. I will get mine on Dec 2nd, AFTER Thanksgiving and for that matter, AFTER Christmas. Even though you are getting FS, you should still try and budget what you have so that it lasts all month. Contact a local church and see if they are offering Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets, a lot are to help those in need. I just got a dinner and 5 bags of groceries from a local church. It is awesome. Don't ever feel embarrassed to need help, more people than you think are using PA in this economy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you get them the same day every month, so if you're day is the 3rd you get them on the 3rd. or at least htats how it works where im from
    Anonymous

• I just wanted to let everyone know that I did get them today. Thanks for answering everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 24, 2009