Packing for hospital...

When do you pack for the hospital? I'm due Jan 24 and I don't know when is a good time to start packing.

MaKennaMama

Asked by MaKennaMama at 5:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, I'd pack right after the holiday if I were in your shoes. Because the best time to do it is about a month before, and that's Christmas in your case... which is busy.

Pack absolutely everything that you won't need in the meantime, and keep that bag ready to go. As you get closer, add a few things you can do without until you head to the hospital. But the more you have done, the easier it is if you make an emergency hospital run.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 5:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• So right after Christmas or Thanksgiving?
    MaKennaMama

Answer by MaKennaMama at 5:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My sisters birthday is Jan 24th, haha. I started really early, because I was so nervous I was going to forget something, lol. So I just packed as I got everything I needed. I stuck it all in our bags, and put it in the closet with the carseat. I got induced which I stayed at the hospital, and my fiance had to run back and get the bags, so I was releived I already had everything ready to go, because I know he would have forgot alot, lol. GL. Hope you have a great delivery.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i was so excited..my due date was'nt until nov 21 but i was all packed 2 months in advance
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Not to scare you, I had twins, but my due date was Jan. 28. The boys made an early entrance starting on Dec. 15. I had nothing packed. Better to be too early than too late with preparation. Besides, you probably have more energy for it now than you will later.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Thank you ladies for the answers. Looks like I will start packing things this weekend.
    MaKennaMama

Answer by MaKennaMama at 10:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2009