How do I get my 2yr olds #2's to be more regular?

she has been VERY constipated and due to the horrible economy her dad has been laid off so she has no insurance at the moment... what are some over the counter things that work.... HELP.... its horrible!!

Amanda.k.k.p

Asked by Amanda.k.k.p at 5:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pear or prune juice. Those should loosen her up pretty well unless she has been constipated for a while. Regarding insurance, have you applied for her to get Medicaid?
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Lots of veggies and fruit! Try those little canned mandarin oranges, they work like a charm - my daughters eat them up and usually about 30 minutes later they poop. More whole grain foods work too.
    There is stuff called Benefiber that comes in a canister of white powder that doesn't have any taste or smell, so you can add it to any food, like pudding, or cereal or whatever they like to eat. Our pediatrician recommended it for my daughter who gets an upset tummy a lot and needed more fiber.
    Anonymous