Heat pack

Can I put a heat pack on my lower belly when I get cramps? It used to help when I got my period. I just don't want to do anything that may be harmful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would not. I know how bad the cramping can be but I read and was told that your body temperature can only be raised so much before it becomes harmful to your baby. You might want to call your doctor for what you can do to help with any soreness or cramping.
    Anonymous

• I think it is ok if you set it on low and don't keep it on long. That won't raise your entire body temp. Check with your dr though.

There are stretches and yoga poses that can help with cramping and soreness too. Try searching your library for books or a DVD.
    Anonymous

• Can't get the baby hot.

Drinking raspberry leaf tea can help tone your uterus and make the cramping go away. But you have to drink it every day. No, it does not cause you to go into labor.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009